Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pictures from downtown

When I have a chance to visit downtown L.A., I bring my camera. There are always opportunities to find interesting people, architecture, and occasionally animals deep in the heart of Los Angeles. Using a digital camera makes it easy to point and shoot pictures, but I wanted to try out my new/old camera. The Canon FTb is an old SLR that I bought from ebay and have been using to learn exposure, timing and all the manual photography that you tend not to pick up with digital.

Hello! Kitty

A wall of gifts from Mexico in Olvera st.

This is Tetsu-san, the operator of Anime Jungle

A statue of a traveling scholar, the nameplate is missing.

The best kept secret in Little Tokyo, the James Irvine Garden

City Hall, built in the thirties and for decades the tallest (by law) building in LA.

Looking down Broadway, near the corner with the Bradbury building

View towards Bunker Hill, once a run down but vibrant residential neighborhood.

No comments: